Wednesday, March 14, 2012

California Adventures - Day 2, Part 2


So, the last half our day was spent in LA. The first thing we did was eat at in-n-out burger--I explain more below. We explored the Kodak theatre, did some shopping (and people watching) then took a 2 hour tour of LA on an open air bus. We went all around LA, to some stars homes, Beverly Hills and Hollywood. It was such a great tour we just couldnt believe that the celebrities homes were right there on the curb. 

Best I could get of the sign

Skyline of LA





My favorite at Laurel Canyon: the Canyon Country Store. Jim Morrison worked there back in the good days and him, Janis Jopin, Jimi Hendrix, and The Mammas and The Pappas would all "socialize" at this store together. Pretty cool.




Towers where Elton John owns two condos--one for his adopted baby.


Simon Cowell's house-- looks like him to me.



David Arquettes home at the moment- him and Courtneys old house is up the street. But his house is just right up on the curb where you could go see all his cars. 


Ringo Starr's gate to his house :)


Then whaddayaknow Billy Bob Thorton strolled out of his garage and just started chatting with us. Asking where we were from, if we liked LA, and that he was talking his daughter on their afternoon butterfly walk. He has made celebrities seem a lot more "human" to me now- I was shocked.

Hollywood Walk of Fame

Marilyn Monroe and Judy Garland

Some of my favorite people. The Doors, the Olsen twins, Betty White and Robin Williams.


My very first IN-N-OUT Burger! I dont know if it tasted so good because I havent eaten a burger in over a year -- since I became a vegatarian and then stopped...burgers still creep me out. BUT this one was delicious!

Today we are heading to Laguna, Huntington and Newport Beach. We are going to crystal cove first. Depending on the weather and waves Ill surf or stand up paddle (my fave) in Huntington. 

No comments:

Post a Comment