Saturday, December 3, 2011

Paul Simon--Live in concert

Yesterday, my friend Maggie texted me and said she had an extra ticket to see PAUL SIMON in Atlanta! Paul Simon, as in Simon & Garfunkel--who I have listened to since I was little. The whole show was absolutely amazing but we had heard that he wasn't going to play Sounds of Silence...until close to the end he came out by himself, only a spotlight on him, and then we heard the music. We couldn't believe he was playing it--it even brought Mags to tears :) There is nothing in the world better than live music--especially if they are an icon or legend like Paul Simon. I really love the way life works out...what a nice treat it was to experience his show after a rough week preparing my final portfolio and design project. I was really holding out for the Boxer at the end, but Sounds of Silence made up for it. 


He also played Kodachrome--one of my other favorites.

When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder I can think at all
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall

Kodachrome, it gives us those nice bright colors
Gives us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah!
I got a Nikon camera, I love to take a photograph
So momma, don't take my Kodachrome away

If you took all the girls I knew when I was single
And brought 'em all together for one night
I know they'd never match my sweet imagination
And everything looks worse in black and white

Momma, don't take my Kodachrome away (3X)

Momma, don't take my Kodachrome (2X)
Momma, don't take my Kodachrome away

Momma, don't take my Kodachrome
And leave your boy so far from home
Momma, don't take my Kodachrome away

Momma, don't take my Kodachrome
Mmmmmm
Momma, don't take my Kodachrome away, Okay


No comments:

Post a Comment